ARTICLE: HOW TO MESS UP A DREAM RIVALRY COURTESY OF WWE

WWE is a great company, a company that teaches us things day in and day out. How you manage to overcome bullies, how to make your dreams come true, and the latest? How to mess up a dream rivalry to the point anything they did prior to this is ridiculous.

The WWE Championship match between the champion AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura at WrestleMania was referenced as a dream match, in a rivalry everyone wanted to see in the WWE after their confront in NJPW years ago at Wrestle Kingdom 10. To my point, hey, the "low blow" at WrestleMania was fine, it was a normal "heel turn" that everyone has seen time after time. And I can still accept every "low blow" after that event. Hell, I can accept the "low blows" that they hit one another last night at Backlash.

What I hate is the fact that, at WK, they had a normal wrestling match that absolutely stole the show. Now, they are reduced to low-blows and count-outs. EVEN IN A NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH! 

I don't know who thought that having two consecutive matches end in a count-out was good for business, in a feud that, just by thinking about it, was money. See what I did there? WAS money, but no more. WWE did a heck of a job screwing this feud for us, and for that I can't thank you enough. Thank you for teaching me how to do that. And most importantly, thank you for making me realize (for the 1000th time) that NJPW is way better than WWE.

June 9th, don't miss it. Because in Japan, a rivalry being screwed is a rare thing to watch.

No comments