DA' HELL HAPPENED #69: WWE SmackDown LIVE - October 10, 2017

How's it going everyone? Welcome to another edition of the "Da' Hell Happened" featuring the review of last night's SmackDown LIVE. The blue brand presented its weekly show just 48 hours removed from the Hell In A Cell PPV, and it's safe to say the landscape of SmackDown LIVE has completely changed.

Erick Rowan and Luke Harper are back, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens reunited and Baron Corbin defeated AJ Styles clean. Also rumors that Neville quit WWE hit social media during the show, so the buzz around it clearly affected the show. Let's see what happened:

MATCH OF THE NIGHT: Baron Corbin (C) vs. AJ Styles for the United States Championship

I think I'm not wrong when I say AJ Styles is the best wrestler in the world. He gave wrestling fans a class on how to sell like a legend, and look like a legend. This way, Baron Corbin cemented his United States Championship reign, while AJ can move to bigger and better things. It's still surprising to see Styles lose clean to Corbin, but it's definitely for the greater good of the US Title and to allow Styles to move on to the WWE Title.


MVP OF THE NIGHT: Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens

It was years in the making, and we finally got to see it. The long-expected reunion of Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens, together as best friends in the middle of the ring. The commentators called it "surreal", and it truly is. I tried to enjoy it as much as I could, but I don't feel I've enjoyed it the best way. SmackDown LIVE is not going to be the same with these two together.


DA' HELL HAPPENED MOMENT OF THE SHOW: The value of the briefcase? None.

I've been highly critical (in a negative way) about the briefcase of the female Money In The Bank, and I will continue to be as long as WWE makes it look dumb and not important and not powerful. It's supposed for you to have the briefcase and be the most powerful man on the division, not lose to everybody and be a fool. Like I said it before, I think Carmella deserves more to lose the briefcase than Baron Corbin deserved to.


And with this I finish this week's editions of DHH. Next week I will be back for more, and don't forget to continue checking out the blog for more recent news, videos and more. See you next week!

No comments